Two season team fees are $225 + $80 uniform kit for both fall and spring. Kit includes both home and away jerseys, shorts and socks!
Seasons are 8 weeks long with 8 regular season games. Tournaments would be additional games played also. Each team is encouraged to attend a tournament.
Travel for regular season would be from Cadillac to south Grand Rapids.
TBD - Check back for updates!
Tryouts to be held at Oakridge Soccer Club
It is FREE to register and try out!
Why choose a travel program for your child? Why pick travel soccer with Wolves? What does it do for me and my child? What's different?An optimal travel player is a person who has a strong drive to develop their soccer abilities and love of the game. Boys and girls that are ready to play a more competitive game of soccer, want to learn new skills, are ready to make the necessary commitment to play travel soccer and are ready to be coached by licensed coaching staff. The best way to determine if this is the right fit for your child is to look at them on the field. Listen to them after a game. Is soccer just for fun? Or is there a drive there for MORE?
1) BETTER COACHING: Coaches of travel teams have longer coaching experience, more training, coach licensing, and more personal experience. Ability, time available and dedication are higher.
2) BALANCED TEAMS: The selection process creates a balance and allows players of similar ability to work together. Kids have reliable teammates, and coaches can run more effective, targeted training. They are playing with players at their skill level.
3) "TEAM" CULTURE AND SUPPORT: Players on travel teams often have similar interests and purposes. Parents have other parents on the team thinking about the same issues, and kids have other teammates they can identify with. The kids on a travel team have similar drive and passion and commitment to the game.
4) BETTER REFEREE'S: Referee's are also trained and licensed, and more experienced referees are assigned to higher level games.
5) MORE CHALLANGING EXPERIENCES: The play level itself helps to produce better players. Play is challenging and requires players to go out onto the field and do their best. Skilled opponents will deliver lessons during the game, and your player learns from each small failure or success. The game teaches the game, and in this case, the game filled with good opponents delivers rewards for good play, and quick learning from mistakes.
6) PREPARATION FOR HIGH SCHOOL PLAY
High School soccer is inherently competitive for student-athletes. While High School rosters are normally a little larger, kids still have to compete even to get on a team, and have to be good enough to make sure they have reasonable play time. Players play based solely on their ability to contribute to their team.
8) SOCIAL IMPACT
Being surrounded by teammates who love the sports just as much as your child has the potential of offering lifetime friendships, which lead to a better quality of life and feeling of accomplishment. Other social benefits include better communication, teamwork skills, and time management, as well a huge impact on self confidence.
If this sounds like a fit for your Soccer player~ Please register by clicking HERE And scrolling down to " Register players for club tryouts" and select Oakridge Soccer Club.
USYSA is changed all age groups to be based on calendar years, starting in Fall 2019. This brings the US into conformity with many existing programs, such as ODP, and greatly simplifies age group calculations. The chart below shows age groups.
* You will receive an email confirmation when you register for tryouts